Wednesday, March 22, 2023

What Indian People Once Knew

 Amazing Grace 

Hold on to what is good, even if it's a handful of Earth, hold on to what you believe in, even if it's a tree that stands alone, hold on to what you must do, even if it's a long way from here, and hold on to your life even if it's easier to Let It Go, hold on to my hand, even if someday I will be gone away from you oh great spirit whose voice I hear in the winds and whose breath gives life to all the world. I am small and weak,  I need your strength and wisdom, let me walk in your beauty and let my eyes ever behold the red and purple sunset, let my heart recite the things that you have made in my ears and make me wise so I may understand the things that you have taught my people, let me learn the lessons that you have hidden and every leaf and Rock, I seek strength, not to be greater than my brother but to fight my greatest enemy, myself, make me always ready to come to you with clean hands and straight eyes so that when I die my life will come to you without shame

"Well you must not hate the white man this will only delay its end, but if you will do the dance that I will teach you, all the ancestors will return and the buffalo will be renewed. and forever that way that we as Indian people one time you shall all live forever in the freedom that we as Indian people once knew."


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Teacher and Jah's Day

 The Teacher is the Lord and the Father of Bob Marley. the protector of Me and the teacher of who next will come and the reach of a living m...